I already made this twice in 3 weeks… So. Fucking. Good. Plus it takes like 15 minutes to make. 20 tops. BTW, National Smores Day is today, hence this post.
Tip: Bring fresh strawberries in the mix too, either slices to wedge in between crackers, or whole to use in place of graham crackers all together.
- cast iron skillet (I use a 4in I believe and it was good enough for 2 adults and a child)
- jumbo marshmallows
- graham crackers
- Preheat oven with cast iron skillet inside of it to 450F.
- In the Mean time, chop chocolate and cut marshmallows in half, horizontally.
- Bring out the cast iron (dear God, please use an oven mitt) and toss a tablespoon of butter in, make sure the whole surface is coated in butter. Discard butter.
- Toss in chocolate (it’ll start to melt already, mmmmm) then arrange marshmallow halves on top.
- Turn the broiler on, high or low, doesn’t matter. Place the cast iron under the broiler for a few minutes, watch closely. As you can see from my second pic you can get a nice dark color on the marshmallows, like on a true campfire. It was also seconds away from a burning disaster. So once again, watch it closely.
- Dip crackers or strawberries. Or… got anything else you like to dip in your S’mores Dip??? Share!